Why I Started The Self Love Movement
I didn’t always believe in self-love.
In fact, for most of my life, I thought loving myself was selfish, embarrassing—even “cringe.” I thought it meant pretending to be perfect or faking confidence. But that’s not what self-love is at all.
Self-love is not vanity.
It’s healing.
It’s setting boundaries.
It’s choosing yourself when the world says don’t.
It’s picking up the pieces, again and again—and deciding you’re still worth the effort.
I started The Self Love Movement because I know what it’s like to feel unworthy, invisible, and broken. But I also know the power of claiming your worth, even when it’s hard. Even when it hurts.
This blog is my space to share stories, lessons, art, truth, and tools that help me stay rooted in love for myself. I am also constantly looking for easy, trendy ways to be/stay positive (apps, exercises, games).
It’s for people who’ve been told they’re too much, too soft, too loud, too quiet, too emotional, too anything.
Here, you’re just enough.
I hope this becomes a safe, real, empowering corner of the internet—where you can find inspiration, feel seen, and remember that self-love isn’t shameful. It’s sacred.
Thanks for being here. Let's hop on the Self Love Movement.
— Delise
Comments
Post a Comment