You Have to Live With You for the Rest of Your Life — Make It a Loving Place to Be

Have you ever thought about this?

You’re the one person you can’t leave.

You can quit a job, walk away from a toxic relationship, move to a new city, or unfollow someone draining your energy. But no matter where you go — you will always be there.

And yet, many of us treat ourselves like an afterthought. We ignore our feelings, silence our needs, and criticize ourselves for not being “enough.” But if we’re going to live with ourselves for the rest of our lives… doesn’t it make sense to build a home inside that feels safe, warm, and loving? You know, sometimes I get sick of my shit too.

 


Section 1: The Forgotten Relationship

  • Most of us prioritize everyone else — partners, kids, friends — and forget the one relationship we’re always in.
  • There's usually some type of negative self-talk, people-pleasing, constant guilt, burnout.

  • You wouldn’t speak to your best friend the way you speak to yourself — so why is it okay with you?


Section 2: Making Yourself a Safe Place

  • Explore the idea of being emotionally safe with yourself.

  • Questions to reflect on: Can I trust me to be kind to me? Do I show up when I’m hurting? Do I celebrate my small wins?

  • Maybe share a personal moment when you didn’t feel at home in yourself, and what shifted.


Section 3: Daily Practices to Strengthen the Relationship

  • Mirror talk or journaling: looking yourself in the eye and saying something real.

  • Setting boundaries, not as rejection, but as respect for your peace.

  • Spending intentional time alone — not out of loneliness, but to enjoy your own presence.


Conclusion: A Sacred Vow to Yourself

Wrap with this thought: You’re the only person you can’t ghost, can’t block, can’t unfriend. So why not be your ride-or-die?

Comments

Popular Posts